The student will have the opportunity to develop the following knowledge, skills, and professional behaviors:
- Design and implement client centered care that is inclusive of cultural values, beliefs and needs.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills to function effectively as a member of an inter-professional health care team.
- Apply critical analysis of evidence during the occupational therapy process and participate to increase the body of knowledge of the profession through the preparation and dissemination of scholarship.
- Design and implement interventions with a central focus on occupation as the means and end of therapeutic process, in line with the professions philosophy.
- Integrate health promotion and wellness in interventions with individuals, communities and populations.
- Model leadership and advocacy for occupational therapy in the full range of service areas.