If you want to take the next step in becoming a Family Nurse Practitioner, consider the WCU online Master of Science in Nursing degree - Family Nurse Practitioner track. WCU's program takes your education to another level, preparing you for more challenging career options.
Get the most out of your online degree with these clear advantages:
- Earn your MSN in as little as 36 months
- Hands on experience during 6 Onsite Intensives (years 2 & 3)
- 650 hours of Precepted Clinical experience
- Dedicated clinical team to secure clinical placements for all FNP students
- Faculty mentoring program with FNP faculty to support student's personal and professional development
- Graduates are eligible to sit for national boards with AANP or ANCC
- Engaging online environment enriched with video content and on-the-go resources
- Student Services and 24/7 Tech Support
- Competitive pricing - plus partner grants are available - see if you qualify
- Meets National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF) Standards
- Helps Prepare You for National Board Certification
West Coast University's curriculum helps prepares nurses to build on their nursing experience and become a Family Nurse Practitioner. Click to view the FNP Curriculum.
Today, Nurse Practitioners are gaining more and more responsibility and autonomy as a primary healthcare provider. West Coast University's MSN-FNP program helps prepare graduates with enhanced nursing knowledge and skills to address the evolving needs of the healthcare system. Nurse Practitioners practice in different settings, such as urban, suburban & rural settings, in outpatient clinics, hospitals, emergency departments, urgent care, private physician or NP offices, nursing homes home health agencies, hospice and palliative care, schools and colleges, and public health departments. The MSN- Family Nurse Practitioner program prepares graduates for jobs requiring the following skills:
- Primary and Preventative Health
- Care Coordination
- Community Health
- Nursing Leadership / Management
- Nursing Research
- Academic Faculty Positions
A schedule you can work with
We understand the needs of working professionals—people who desire both a concentrated curriculum and flexibility in scheduling to make it all work. Our MSN-FNP online program accommodates these needs.
At WCU, you are not alone. WCU offers you the support and guidance to help achieve your professional goals. Our online classes are energizing, engaging and enriched with video content, simulations, adaptive quizzing and on the-go resources—to help you stay connected wherever you are. WCU’s programs are simple to navigate and easy to use while we support you with clear and continuous access to your instructors, peers, Student Services and our 24/7 technical support.
Support Beyond Graduation
West Coast University supports its MSN online students beyond the last day of class. We are committed to helping our MSN online graduates throughout their careers. Through our Career Service Department, we provide ongoing assistance with professional and career development through workshops and guidance for our MSN online students and graduates. We partner with industry professionals and enhance the prospects for securing employment and obtaining professional success.
*Travel costs are not included in tuition and fees.
WCU’s online MSN - FNP degree program is offered through the WCU Orange County, California campus and may not be available to residents in all states. Program requirements include 6 onsite intensives located at the Los Angeles Center for Graduate Studies and 650 precepted hours in order to graduate.
To practice in California, graduates must obtain national certification and seek BRN approval through “Method Two”. For more information about Certification application requirements, please visit the California Board of Registered Nursing at http://www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/applicants/np-app.pdf.
West Coast University's Master of Science in Nursing is programmatically accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).